Occupational pension – born before 1988
If you were born before 1988, your occupational pension from your government employment consists of different parts.
Your employer pays money equivalent to 4,5 percent of your salary into two parts of occupational pension. Some employees also have the right to a third part of occupational pension.
Your money is placed in different parts
The occupational pension consists of three different parts. You may have the right to two or three of them.
The selectable part
Your employer pays money equivalent to 2,5 percent of your salary into this part. You can choose how the money should be managed by selecting the form of savings and insurer. You do not have to make a selection if you do not wish to. If you do not make your own choice, the money is placed in a traditional insurance (Kåpan Valbar) without repayment cover managed by Kåpan Pensioner.
Your employer pays money equivalent to 2 percent of your salary into the pension insurance Kåpan Tjänste. The insurer Kåpan Pensioner manages this part.
Defined benefit retirement pension
- If you were born before 1973, you also earn into a defined benefit retirement pension.
- If you were born after 1973 and have a monthly wage over 42 625 SEK, you may also have the right to a defined benefit retirement pension.
- The size of this part is influenced by your salary, how many years you have been employed, and what year you were born.
You are insured through your employment
You are insured through your government employment. This means you could receive a sickness pension if you become ill. In addition, your family could receive money in the event of your death.
Watch our recorded webinar about occupational pension
This is a recorded webinar about occupational pension in Sweden for state employees. This webinar covers section 2 of PA 16, the collective agreement for occupational pension for state employees.
Your retirement pension in brief
Your occupational pension consists of three parts.
- In general, you belong to Section 2 in the PA 16 occupational pension agreement if you were born before 1988.
- You are also insured through your employment, which means that you or your family could receive money if, for example, you become ill or in the event of your death.
- Your occupational pension is covered by collective agreement. This means that the occupational pension has been negotiated by the union organizations in the State branch (OFR/S, OFR/P, OFR/O; Saco-S; SEKO) together with the Swedish Agency for Government Employers.
Did you find about what you wanted to know or was there something lacking? Was the text difficult to understand? Tell us what you think about the contents of this page via the form below.