Understand your pension

As a government employee, you have the right to a service pension, to a sickness pension if you have a long-term illness, and to money for your family in the event of your death.

More salary gives you higher occupational pension

How much you receive in occupational pension depends different factors such as how much you earn. It could also be a good idea to think about whether you choose to get your overtime transferred into time off or paid out as a salary. When you start working also plays a role in how much occupational pension you earn over your working life.

Your occupational pension is also affected by various life events and the choices you make

Choose how one part is managed

Each month, your employer pays money into various parts of your occupational pension, and you choose how one of these parts should be managed. This part of your occupational pension is called the selectable part. You only need to choose if you want to. If you do not make your own choice, the money is placed into a traditional insurance scheme without repayment cover with Kåpan Pensioner.

If you are ill, you might have the right to a sickness pension

If you receive a sickness pension or activity compensation from Försäkringskassan. SPV will also pay money to you, the part we pay is called a sickness pension. If you have sickness benefit (which is different from sickness pension and activity compensation) from Försäkringskassan, you do not have the right to receive a sickness pension from us.

Money for your family in the event of your death

In the event of your death, your family could receive money. This money could come, for example, from occupational group life insurance, survivors' pension, or repayment cover.

If your goverment employment ends

If you end your government employment your occupational pension will be managed by the various pension institutions such as us, SPV, and Kåpan Pensioner until you retire and start to withdraw your pension.

Your occupational pension looks different depending on when you were born

The occupational pension varies depending on when you were born. In general, you belong to Section 2 in the PA 16 occupational pensions agreement if you were born before 1988. If you were born in 1988 or later, you belong to Section 1 in PA 16.

Your occupational pension is covered by collective agreement

Occupational pensions are an important supplement to the general pension. The occupational pension agreement for those of you working for the State has been negotiated by the union organizations in the State branch (OFR/S,P,O; Saco-S; SEKO) together with the Swedish Agency for Government Employers.


Was this information helpful?

Did you find about what you wanted to know or was there something lacking? Was the text difficult to understand? Tell us what you think about the contents of this page via the form below.