Living abroad

If you move abroad or are already living abroad, there are some things that you should keep in mind.

Persons moving abroad

If you are moving abroad you please submit your new address to the Tax Agency. The account number to which your pension should be paid could also need to be changed would then need to be registered with Swedbank's account registry. 

What to do when moving abroad

  1. Submit your new address to the Swedish Tax Agency. For more information about how to do this, see the Swedish Tax Agency's website. We will automatically receive your new address from the Swedish Tax Agency.
  2. We pay out your pension to the bank account you have selected. Since we collaborate with Swedbank for pension payments, you must notify them if wish to change the account your receive your money. If you have a Swedish account, you can register with Swedbank's account records on their website. Alternately you can register by filling out a form and returning it to Swedbank.

Special Income Tax for Non-Residents (SINK tax)

Special Income Tax for Non-Residents (SINK tax) applies to persons living abroad and have limited tax liability in Sweden. Thos means a flat rate of tax. You apply with the Swedish Tax Agency. 

Persons living abroad

If you live abroad and receive pension, you need to submit an annual Life Certificate. The Life Certificate is a way for persons living abroad to show that they are still alive. You send your Life Certificate to the Swedish Pensions Agency or to us at SPV. 

If you are receiving pension from the Swedish Pensions Agency

If you are receiving pension from the Swedish Pensions Agency, you only need to submit a Life Certificate to the Swedish Pensions Agency. We will automatically receive information from the Swedish Pensions Agency when your Life Certificate has been received. For more information about Life Certificates, visit The Swedish Pensions Agency´s website.

Swedish Pensions Agency's website

If you are not receiving pension from the Swedish Pensions Agency

Every year, we send a letter urging you to submit a proof of life certificate. You can certify that you are alive in two ways:

1. Log in to Mina sidor and certify that you are alive (only available in swedish)

To be able to use the service you need to log in with a swedish electronic identification. Under Utbetalningar (payments), use the service Lämna levnadsintyg (Submit proof of life).

Mina sidor

2. Fill out and return the form that we send with the letter

  • Contact the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan), Swedish Pensions Agency, a Swedish embassy or consulate, the Church of Sweden, a foreign social insurance institution, notary public, foreign police authority or a foreign population registration authority.
  • An administrator at one of the organisations mentioned above must sign your Life Certificate.
  • After adding your own signature to the Life Certificate, send it to SPV, Jägargatan 1, S-851 90 Sundsvall, Sweden. You can also scan or take a photo of it and send it via email.

Send an e-mail to us


Was this information helpful?

Did you find about what you wanted to know or was there something lacking? Was the text difficult to understand? Tell us what you think about the contents of this page via the form below.