Agreement regarding belonging to Section 1
If you are born before 1988 you belong to Section 2 in the PA 16 occupational pensions agreement. Under certain conditions you can come to an agreement with your employer about belonging to Section 1 in the PA 16 occupational pensions agreement instead of Section 2. If you reach an agreement about belonging to Section 1, you can never switch back to Section 2.
If you are covered by the pensions agreement in the State sector, you can come to an agreement with your employer about belonging to Section 1 in the PA 16 occupational pensions agreement instead of Section 2 under certain conditions. The agreement must be in writing and you cannot switch back. Reaching an agreement with your employer to belong to section 1 is a possibility offered, not a right.
Important information to consider
- If you are considering reaching an agreement, it is important for you to understand how you earn into the occupational pension in the various sections in PA 16 and how this may affect your occupational pension.
- There is no guarantee that any of the sections will result in a higher occupational pension. Talk to your trade union or your employer about how an agreement might affect you.
- If you reach agreement with your employer about belonging to Section 1, you can never switch back to Section 2.
- The agreement applies to continued pension earning in all current and future jobs that are covered by the state pension collective agreement, but not to previous pension earnings within the agreement.
- If you have previously been a state employee, you cannot move money that you have earned according to Section 2 or older occupational pension agreements to Section 1. The money remains and will be paid out when you retire.
- The agreement applies from the date agreed between you and your employer. However, it will not apply earlier than two months after the agreement has been entered into. Your employer is responsible for the form being sent to the National Government Employee Pensions Board (SPV) at the latest the month before it is to enter into force.
- When you are a new employee within the State agreement area, the agreement regarding belonging to Section 1 could apply from the start of employment. A precondition is that the agreement enters into force in time for the first premiums to be paid in to the insurer. This means that your employer must ensure that SPV has received the agreement at the latest two months after you have taken up your employment.
Order a form to belong to Selection 1
You can order a form to belong to Section 1 at our customer service on phone number: 020- 51 50 40 (+46 60 18 74 00 from abroad) or by sending a message to us. Both you and your employer must sign the form. You can at the earliest belong to Selection 1 in the month after the form has been registered by us at SPV.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions about belonging to Section 1 instead of Section 2, please contact your employer.
Did you find about what you wanted to know or was there something lacking? Was the text difficult to understand? Tell us what you think about the contents of this page via the form below.