Curious about pensions

As a government employee, you have the right to a service pension, to a sickness pension if you have a long-term illness, and to money for your family in the event of your death.

More wages yields more occupational pension

How much you receive in occupational pension depends on factors such as how much you earn. It could be a good idea, for example, about whether you take out overtime in time off or in money. The point in your life when you start working also plays a role in how much you earn over your working life.

Your occupational pension is also affected by various life events and the choices you make

Choose how one part is managed

Every month, your employer pays money into various parts of your occupational pension, and you choose how one of those parts is to be managed. You only need to choose if you want to. If you do not make your own choice, the money is placed into a traditional insurance scheme without repayment cover with Kåpan Pensions. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so.

If you are ill, you can receive a sickness pension

If you receive a sickness pension or activity compensation from Försäkringskassan, we at SPV will also pay out money to you. The part we pay is called a sickness pension. If you have sickness benefits from Försäkringskassan, you do not have the right to receive sickness benefits from us.

Money for your family in the event of your death

In the event of your death, your family could receive money. This money could come, for example, from occupational group life insurance, survivors' pension, or repayment cover.

If your goverment employment ends

If you end your government employment, the money you earned for your occupational pension remains. We at SPV will take care of your service pension until it is time for you to retire.

Your occupational pension looks different depending on when you were born

The year you were born affects how your occupational pension looks. In general, you belong to Section II in the PA 16 occupational pension agreement if you were born before 1988. If you were born in 1988 or later, you belong to Section I.

Your occupational pension is covered by collective agreement

Occupational pensions are an important supplement to the general pension. The occupational pension agreement for those of you working for the State has been negotiated by the union organizations in the State branch (OFR/S,P,O; Saco-S; SEKO) together with the Swedish Agency for Government Employers.


Was this information helpful?

Did you find about what you wanted to know or was there something lacking? Was the text difficult to understand? Tell us what you think about the contents of this page via the form below.